The Perfect Gift
For All Occasions
Student Charge Account Information:
Student charge accounts are available at and sponsored by The College Store. They are easily opened and have an automatic credit limit of $1,000. Student Charge Accounts are specific to The College Store and the related billing is independent of all other HWS bills. Student charge accounts can be opened at any time. Applications received by August 15 will be processed and ready for the student to use upon his/her arrival on campus. Many parents find this service to be a convenient and easy way to cover the cost of books and supplies.
If you are interested in opening such an account for your son or daughter, please: 1) read the below agreement carefully; 2) complete and sign the application; 3) return completed application by August 15, if you wish to have it processed and ready for use upon your students arrival on campus; 4) mail completed application to The College Store, 51 St. Clair Street, Geneva, NY 14456-3191 or Fax to 315-781-3450
Applications received after August 15 will be processed on a first-come, first-served basis. Student charge accounts are generally activated within 48 business hours of receipt.
Please do not hesitate to contact us at 315-781-3449 if we can be of any assistance. We will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
We look forward to meeting your son or daughter and to serving his/her bookstore needs at Hobart and William Smith Colleges!
Very truly yours, Member of:
National Association of College Stores
Lucille Smart Northeast Campus Stores Association
Director, The College Store American Booksellers Association
College Store Charge Account Agreement
I hereby apply for a College Store Charge Account at The College Store, Hobart and William Smith Colleges. I understand and agree to the following terms and conditions:
1. This account is independent of any other HWS student account. Monthly statements(bill) are sent by The College Store and payments are made directly to The College Store, 51 St. Clair Street, Geneva, NY 14456.
2. The student's I.D. card must be presented with each and every charge purchase.
3. College Store Student Charge Account required when renting textbooks. Textbook rental fees may be paid in cash, check, credit card or Student Charge Account. Student Charge Account will be charged for fees incurred due to a rental textbook being lost, damaged, or not returned at the end of the semester in which it was rented.
4. The account holder is liable for all purchases made by, or credit extended to, anyone using his or her charge account or I.D. card. Loss, theft or possible unauthorized use should be reported to the College Store immediately at (315)781-3452 or (315)781-3449.
5. The account holder authorizes Hobart and William Smith Colleges to use any Federal Title IV funds for which the student is currently eligible to pay any charges incurred at The College Store. Federal Title IV funds include Direct Student and Parent PLUS Loans, Perkins Loans, Pell Grants and FSEOG Grants. The account holder may rescind this authorization by contacting the Hobart and William Smith Student Accounts Administrator at 315-781-3343 or e-mailing email@example.com.
6. Credit privileges will be suspended in the event that the account balance reaches $1,000 or the balance becomes past due more than 30 days (one billing period).
7. Student accounts having any outstanding and unpaid balance (other than for current month charges) at the close of any account period (one semester) will not be renewed. College registration for any subsequent period of instruction shall not be permitted nor will transcripts be issued or degrees conferred until all arrears on the account have been paid. In the case of a person who is leaving the Colleges, the same condition withstands until the account is paid in full.
8. Charges must be paid by due date shown on the statement to avoid a FINANCE CHARGE on the outstanding balance.
9. The FINANCE CHARGE shall not exceed lawful rates and will be compiled at 1.5% per month (annual percentage rate 18%).
10. Collections for Non-Payment. Should your account become past due, you understand that the Colleges reserve the right to place your student account with a third party collection agency or attorney. If this collection process were to commence, you will be responsible for all costs for collections, including without limitation, attorney fees, court costs, and other fees. Cost for collection are in addition to the past due balance. You further understand that your debt will be reported to the appropriate consumer reporting agencies.
Collection Communications. You authorize Hobart and William Smith Colleges and their respective agents and contractors to contact you regarding your debt at any current and future number that you provide for your cellular phone or other wireless device, and through current and future email addresses you provide. You further authorize Hobart and William Smith Colleges and its respective agents and contractors to utilize automated telephone equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages when contacting or leaving messages for you.
11. Receipts for transactions are generated by the cash register. Each customer is provided with a receipt which provides detail at the time of purchase. It is the responsibility of the customer to retain these receipts for review and balancing of accounts. The College Store DOES NOT provide copies of detailed receipts with monthly statements.
12. The College Store must be notified of billing address changes within five(5) days of such change.
13. PLEASE RETAIN THIS AGREEMENT FOR YOUR RECORDS.
The College Store
Student Charge Account Application
Last First Middle
|Office Use Only:
Campus Wide ID________________________________________________________
Name and address to which statement(bill) should be sent:
Please note, this bill is independent of all other HWS bills.
City State Zip Code
Telephone: (_______)______________________________ (_______)_______________________________
Home Telephone Number Work Telephone Number
If you have read, understand and agree to the terms and conditions stated, please sign and date this agreement in the space provided below.
If student is under 21 years of age or is a permanent resident at his/her parents' address, a parent or legal guardian must complete the following: I hereby jointly and individually guarantee payment in full of the outstanding balance of the above described Student Charge Account within (20) days after billing date shown on the monthly bill/statement, and agree to all terms of the Student Charge Account Agreement.
Parent or Guardian Signature___________________________________________________________________
Please print, complete, sign, place in envelope, attach first class postage and mail to:
The College Store
51 St. Clair Street
Geneva, NY 14456-3191
or Fax to (315)781-3450
51 St. Clair Street, Geneva, NY 14456 315-781-3449(p)