Original Sales Receipt from The College Store MUST accompany all refunds and returns.
General Merchandise purchases from The College Store are accepted for refund or exchange when accompanied by original sales receipt.
Merchandise must be in new, salable condition. See Timeline below.
Convenience Items 5 days
General Books 14 days
School/Art/Architecture Supplies 14 days
Gifts 6 months
Clothing 6 months
Software, Electronics, Media
No refunds will be issued for opened Software, Electronics, and Media.
Opened Software, Electronics, and Media may only be exchanged for replacement copies of the original item when accompanied by original sales receipt from The College Store.
All sales of CLEARANCE merchandise are considered final.
1. Textbooks are accepted for refunds during the first two weeks of the semester for which they were purchased.
See Quick Reference below.
2. ALL books purchased new must be returned in new, salable condition. That is, free of marks and/or highlighting, scratched covers, and torn pages. Textbooks sold in shrink wrap MUST be returned with shrink wrap intact.
3. Lab Manuals, Reprints, Coursepacks, and Custom published books are non-returnable.
4. Original sales receipt from The College Store must accompany all returns.
1st week of semester: Textbook and original sales receipt from The College Store required.
2nd week of semester: Textbook, original sales receipt from The College Store, AND *proof of dropped class required.
*Drop/Add slip OR *Original class schedule and copy of NEW class schedule.
Refund Policy: Same as above.
Return Policy: Textbook Rentals must be returned to The College Store within 48 hours of the last final exam for the semester in which the textbook was rented. Failure to return rented textbooks will result in additional fees. Failure to comply with Textbook Rental Agreement may result in additional fees.
The College Store reserves the right to refuse a refund or exchange based upon the condition of the merchandise, unreasonable lapse of time or non-compliance with this policy, condition of merchandise and/or unreasonable lapse of time.
Check Cashing Policy
The College Store provides a check cashing service for all members of the campus community. The College Store's ability to provide this service is based on limited available funds. Check cashing services will be suspended once available funds are exhausted. A First Niagara ATM is located in the foyer of The College Store for customer convenience.
Checks may be cashed for up to $20 or $20 over the amount of your purchase.
Checks up to $100 may be cashed at the Registers on the Main Floor, Mon-Fri, 3pm-5pm given availability of funds
Students MUST present CWID before cashing a check.
- Checks with insufficient funds will result in a $25 service fee and the loss of check cashing privileges. Check cashing privileges will be reinstated upon restitution of both original check amount and the $25 fee. Restitution can be made at the HWS Cashier's Office in the basement of Demarest Hall
Writing a bad check can result in permanent suspension of check cashing privileges as well as denial of college records until restitution is made.
Checks up to $200 may be cashed during the 1st week of each semester given availability of funds.
No check cashing on Saturdays or bank holidays due to availability of limited funds.
We make every effort to insure the accuracy of pricing found on The College Store's website.
Prices subject to change without notice.
1. Merchandise is routinely, and temporarily, discounted for specific items, special events, or general clearance.
2. Discount is valid for in-store sales only, applied at time of purchase, and valid only during specific dates and times as indicated in regular advertising.
3. Greatest discount prevails on a per item basis.
4. Multiple discount offers can not be combined. The acceptance of ONE discount offer supersedes all other discount offers for any specific item.
5. CLEARANCE ITEMS
Clearance items are located in the southeast corner of the Mezzanine.
Clearance items remain discounted until item is sold. Clearance item sales are considered final.
Marketing of Credit Cards
The College store prohibits the marketing, advertising, or merchandising of credit cards in The College Store or on its premises.
is a serious crime and will not be tolerated by management and/or staff
of The College Store. Shoplifters will be reported to the Campus
Safety Department of the Colleges. Local Police may be involved.
51 St. Clair Street, Geneva, NY 14456 315-781-3449(p) 315-781-3450(f)